Hong Kong's airport has obtained a court order to stop protesters after hosting a second night of chaos Tuesday (August 13) evening.
Hundreds of flights were rescheduled, forcing frustrated travellers to wait overnight to fly out.
(SOUNDBITE) (English) TRAVELLER FROM AUSTRALIA, PHIL MCKOY, SAYING: "I am already two days late getting where I'm going to be and that is costing me money.'
Check-in counters were reopened Wednesday (August 14) morning amid heightened security, as workers scrubbed the airport from overnight blood and debris.
Beijing has condemned Tuesday's violence which saw crowds occupying terminals and later clashing with riot police.
As the chaos escalated, one policeman was seen pulling out a gun.
At another point - police say a large group had 'harassed and assaulted a visitor and a journalist.'
Video showed protesters restraining a man who was later confirmed to be a reporter for Chinese state media.
Some protesters said they believed another man that was held had been an undercover agent for Beijing.
On Wednesday, China's Hong Kong Liaison office condemned what it called 'near-terrorist acts' at the airport.
Meanwhile, new satellite images reportedly show Chinese military vehicles parked in Shenzhen - just across the border from Hong Kong.
U.S. President Donald Trump has said overnight that he has intelligence the Chinese military was moving troops to the border.
Chinese state media has stopped short of calling for military action to deal with the unrest, but with ten weeks of increasingly violent clashes between protesters and police there's speculation the military might intervene.
The protests began in opposition to a now-suspended extradition bill but have swelled into wider calls for democracy.