· *US dollar sell-off pushed USD/CHF to 0.9840, lowest since June 14.*
· *DXY falls for the fourth-day in-a-row, down 1.75% from last week high.*
· *Next key event: FOMC minutes.*
The USD/CHF.. FXstreet.com
Donald Trump's critical comments of the US Fed held back some stocks on Tuesday, while the dollar fell for a fourth consecutive day in its worst spell since March. As David Pollard reports, Trump said..
· *The S&P 500 jumps to new record high on Tuesday.*
· *Fed's Kaplan supports gradual rate hikes.*
· *FOMC will release the August meeting minutes on Wednesday.*
The US Dollar Index, which.. FXstreet.com
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Robert Kaplan said in an essay published Tuesday that he would like the central bank to press forward with rate increases amid a very strong job market. Wall Street Journal
With the U.S. economy at full employment and inflation at the Federal Reserve's 2 percent goal, the U.S. central bank should press on with its plan for gradual interest rate hikes at least for the next.. Newsmax
Below are key takeaways, via Reuters, from the recently published essay by the Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan.
· U.S. Central bank has met goals, should raise interest rates gradually to.. FXstreet.com
According to FX Strategists at Scotiabank, the pair should meet support in the 1.3000/1.2980 band in the near term horizon.
“The outlook for relative central bank policy remains.. FXstreet.com
Jane Foley, Senior FX Strategist at Rabobank, point out that yesterday US President Trump stated that he was “not thrilled” with Fed Chair Powell for raising rates and also complained that during.. FXstreet.com
China's central bank said on Tuesday that it will not resort to strong stimulus to support the slowing economy but will keep liquidity reasonably ample and offer more help to companies which are having.. Newsmax
Critical comments by U.S. President Donald Trump about the country's central bank saw the dollar fall for the fourth straight day in its worst spell since March, boosting emerging market stocks and.. Reuters Also reported by •Reuters India
China's central bank said on Tuesday that it will not resort to strong stimulus to support the slowing economy but will keep liquidity reasonably ample and offer more help to companies which are having.. Reuters India
According to Greg Gibbs, Analyst at Amplifying Global FX Capital, it has not helped the USD on Monday that President Trump has again felt compelled to speak out against the Fed raising rates and accuse.. FXstreet.com
China is not manipulating its currency and will not use it as a trade weapon against the US, a senior Chinese central bank official said on Tuesday, directly refuting Donald Trump’s allegation on.. S.China Morning Post
The Turkish lira remains one of the main barometers of sentiment towards emerging markets, according to analysts at Rabobank.
“Various measures announced last week by Turkey’s.. FXstreet.com
Here is what you need to know.
*Trump doubles down on claims that China and the EU are currency manipulators.* "What they're doing is making up for the fact that they're now paying... hundreds of.. Business Insider
· *French Oil company Total announced it will exit Iran on Monday.*
· *The news comes after the US applied pressure on foreign firms doing business with Iran.*
· *"Anyone doing business with.. Business Insider
China’s central bank has stepped up action against merchants refusing to accept cash payments, on concerns over financial stability amid a surge in the use of mobile payment systems across the.. S.China Morning Post
· *President Donald Trump has publicly criticized the Federal Reserve's current path of interest-rate hikes for the third time in a month.*
· *The criticism revived concerns about the US.. Business Insider
· *Trump used an interview with Reuters to double down on claims that China is a currency manipulator.*
· *He also accused the European Union of currency manipulation.*
· *Trump has leveled.. Business Insider