(Newser) – A development in the Johnny Depp trial in London that both sides might welcome: It's over, meaning no more testimony about his volatile relationship with ex-wife Amber Heard.
Closing arguments wrapped up Tuesday, with Depp's attorney stating, "He has never hit a woman in his entire life—period, full stop, nada." The 57-year-old actor is suing a British tabloid for calling him a "wife-beater." “From the big points to the small points, Ms.
Amber Heard has blasted her ex-husband Johnny Depp for attempting to delay his $50 million dollar libel battle against her which would allow him to shoot his next movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3.
Credit: Cover Video STUDIO Duration: 00:51Published
Once again, Lev Parnas is facing federal charges. This time, Newser reports it's for allegedly defrauding investors with his company Fraud Guarantee. We couldn't say it better ourselves—the behavior alleged today is indeed fraudulent—guaranteed. FBI Assistant Director Bill Sweeney. Newser reports New York prosecutors said Thursday that Parnas and business partner David Correia lured investors into putting over $2 million in the company.
Alaska dentist Seth Lockhart bragged that pulling a patient's tooth while he, the dentist, stood on a hoverboard was a 'new standard of care.' But according to Newser, the Alaskan criminal justice system begs to differ. Lockhart has been stripped of his license and will be spending the next twelve years behind bars. He's been found guilty of Medicaid fraud, embezzlement, reckless endangerment, and unlawful dental acts.
A pair of brazen robberies in Canada has law enforcement officers in awe at the brilliant simplicity of the criminals' scheme. Newser reports drivers rolled up to two different companies with forged paperwork. Unwitting employees signed off on it, and let them drive off with the goods. In one robbery, they made off with $175,000 worth of beef from a meatpacking plant. In the other, they rolled away with seven complete hot tubs, valued at $110,000.
Twice-retired UFC superstar Conor McGregor was collared in Corsica on Saturday and accused of attempted sexual assault. According to Newser, the 32-year-old is no stranger to legal run-ins. In 2019 alone, he was sued for assault and battery, charged with assault, and investigated on multiple accusations of sexual assault. McGregor's been cruising the Mediterranean on his yacht with fiancee Dee Devlin, and apparently lost his cool at a bar on Thursday.
A Slovenian woman's scheme for collecting a $1.2 million insurance payout has backfired horribly. According to Newser, 22-year-old Julija Adlesic showed up at a local hospital last year, claiming she'd cut off her hand while she was cutting tree branches. But according to Newser, she didn't bring the hand along to the hospital with her, in an apparent attempt to keep doctors from being able to reattach it.
Supporters of the animal welfare organisation Peta have demonstrated outsideSomerset House in central London, protesting against the killing of animals tomake shoes and bags, at London Fashion Week. It comes as the charity claimsthat conservation experts warn that the trade in exotic skins risks fuellingthe spread of diseases like Covid-19. British brands such as Mulberry,Victoria Beckham, and Vivienne Westwood are all free from exotic skins, whilea few labels, such as Burberry, continue to use them.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:08Published
London Mayor Sadiq Khan has confirmed that the New Year's Eve fireworks will not be taking place in the capital this year due to coronavirus, but there will be a 'spectacular event' that people can enjoy from home. Report by Etemadil. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn
London’s annual New Year’s Eve fireworks display will not take place this yearbecause of the coronavirus pandemic, the city’s mayor has confirmed. SadiqKhan said instead that he was working on doing something that “people canenjoy in the comfort and safety of their living rooms on TV”.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 00:44Published
Police are searching for a man who allegedly put an NHS Test and Trace workerin hospital after attacking him on a bus in north London. Scotland Yard saidin a statement the 63-year-old victim boarded the route 149 bus just beforeSeven Sisters station, with his alleged attacker getting on board at the nextstop at about 9:45pm on August 23.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:09Published