- a mother is still looking for - answers after her son was - found dead in moss point nearly- a year ago.
- news 25's victoria bailey spent- the afternoon with- lea kemble and has the story.
- - "i want to know what happened t my son.
I - want to know the participants i- it, whoever did this and why," lea kemble lost her son, shawn- martin, about a year ago.
- "march 21st i called his phone tuesday and he didn't answer.
I- didn't think anything of- it, he told me he was going out- of town.
By that saturday i got- a visitor asking me did i - see my son or talk to him?
I wa- like no why they said he was- missing.
I was like - missing?
How could he be- missing.
So, we started calling- his phone it would ring but - we still couldn't get anyone" martin's body was found april - 13th in a wooded area in moss - point.
Police say the body was- badly decomposed.
- "saturday we wanted to look where they last found his truck- and we went there and started - their first.
We organized and - then we started searching.
I- think we were out - there for five minutes and i go- a phone call telling me that- they found him.
It was quite- disheartening to see my son lik- that well i can't even see him- but it was horrible that- someone would do another human- being like that," kemble says she was working wit- the moss point police - department to figure out the- details but it's been a year an- all major details are still - unknown.- " they came and took my information said call them if - anything but more than likely - he's just doesn't want to be- seen or talked to anyone but- he'll get back in contact with- you.
Well that day turned to a- week, the next week we still- didn't hear from them.- after we found his body i think- i had to call and then i asked- them if they needed - me to come there to do with - d.n.a.
So they could determine- for sure that that was- him."
We reached out to the moss poin- police department and - are still awaiting the official- statement - but the deputy cheif tells us - they are still waiting on test- results to return of evidence - found at the scene.
- kemble says she is holding on t- her son's memory... - "he was a fun loving corny guy he love to joke around for me - because that's my - son so i'm gonna feel a certain- way then others he was lovable- was a perfect no not- by any means but he was still m- son" and is hoping to close his case- "somebody help come forward wit something credible so we can at- least - resolve this this isn't going t- bring my son back but it would- ease some of the pain just- to know that somebody is paying- for what happened" - - - wxxv >> campbell says she's holding onto her son's memory was very loving, corny, love the joke around and is hoping to close his case somebody help board with something credible, so we can resolve resolve this.
This is not to bring my son back, but it would ease some of the
You Might Like
Tweets about this
Related videos from verified sources