SINGAPORE (AP) — World stocks were mixed on Monday ahead of more trade talks between Chinese and American officials in Washington this week. In Europe, France's CAC 40 fell 0.1 percent to 5,150.17.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
The Stock Exchange of Thailand index ended lower but other Southeast Asian stock markets closed higher on Monday, with Indonesia leading the pack boosted by gains in financial and telecom sector.. Bangkok Post - Published
President Donald Trump received an update on trade talks with China on Saturday at his Florida retreat after discussions in Beijing saw progress ahead of a March 1 deadline for reaching a deal. Trade..
Reuters reports the Trump administration’s top two negotiators in trade talks with China will meet again on Friday with Chinese President Xi Jinping. White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said on..
According to Reuters, U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday, as a surprise drop in retail sales in December suggested a sharp slowdown in economic activity at the end of 2018, overshadowing hopes of a..
LONDON (Reuters) - Optimism about U.S.-China trade talks and bumper earnings lifted European shares to a three-month high on Thursday, though news that Germany only dodged recession by the narrowest of..
· *Asian markets rocket higher Monday on trade war optimism.*
· *Chinese markets have ripped higher, with the biggest gains coming from the Shenzhen Component index, which gained just shy of 4%.. Business Insider - Published
Hopes of progress in Sino-U.S. trade talks and expectations of policy stimulus from central banks lifted world stocks to 2-1/2 month highs on Monday, though European gains were dampened by concerns.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
· *The pair moves higher and looks to consolidate above 1.1300.*
· *The greenback stays on the defensive near 96.80.*
· *Markets keep looking to trade for direction.*
After bottoming out in the.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • On offers for the second straight session amid some renewed USD selling bias. • Bullish oil prices underpin Loonie and add to the ongoing retracement slide.*
The USD/CAD pair.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • US-China trade optimism continues to underpin China-proxy Aussie. • The uptick remains supportive amid some renewed USD selling bias.*
The AUD/USD pair built on the previous.. FXstreet.com - Published
According to analysts at Danske Bank, there are no significant economic releases today, so focus will be on political events, and most notably the signals from the US and Chinese sides in the ongoing.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The index opened the week on a defensive tone near 96.70.*
· *US-China trade talks will resume this week in Washington.*
· *No activity in US, Canadian markets on Monday.*
The *US Dollar.. FXstreet.com - Published
Markets cheered the renewed optimism induced by the US-China trade progress, boosting the appetite for the risk assets across the financial markets in Asia. Across the fx space, broad-based US dollar.. FXstreet.com - Published
Asian share markets bounced broadly on Monday as investors dared to hope for both progress at Sino-U.S. trade talks in Washington this week and more policy stimulus from major central banks. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
The Japanese stock market is advancing on Monday following the positive cues from Wall Street Friday amid optimism about the U.S.-China trade talks that will resume in Washington this week... RTTNews - Published
President Donald Trump said Sunday “big progress” is being made in U.S. trade talks with China on what he calls “so many different fronts.”
“Our country has such fantastic potential for.. Eurasia Review - Published