United Kingdom  

UK government accused of phoning Saudi Arabia to apologise after imposing human rights sanctions

Independent Thursday, 9 July 2020
Saudi Arabian media deports that UK defence minister called to praise government's work
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO - Published
News video: Dominic Raab announces UK's first sanctions for human rights abuse

Dominic Raab announces UK's first sanctions for human rights abuse 01:18

The UK's first sanctions for human rights abuse will cover those involved in the deaths of the Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky and the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the systematic killings of the Rohingyas in Burma and the North Korean gulags.Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the measures being...

You Might Like


💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia Country in Southwestern Asia

Worshippers observe final day of Hajj amid COVID-19 restrictions [Video]

Worshippers observe final day of Hajj amid COVID-19 restrictions

Muslim pilgrims cast sanitised pebbles as they "stoned the devil" in the last major ritual of the hajj, which the Saudi king acknowledged had been tough to organise due to coronavirus pandemic.View on euronews

Credit: euronews (in English)    Duration: 00:50Published
Haj pilgrims gather for second day of stoning of devil ritual [Video]

Haj pilgrims gather for second day of stoning of devil ritual

Muslim pilgrims in Saudi Arabia took part in the second day of the symbolic stoning of the devil near Mecca on Saturday but maintained social distancing in a ritual that usually brings millions of worshippers from all over the world shoulder to shoulder.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:02Published

Ashley still '100% committed' to Saudi deal - Newcastle managing director

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley remains "100% committed" to the Saudi Arabian-backed takeover, says Lee Charnley.
BBC News

Newcastle fans 'confused and heartbroken' by takeover collapse

Newcastle United fans say they are "confused and heartbroken" following the collapse of the Saudi Arabian-backed takeover.
BBC News

Newcastle fans 'confused and heartbroken' after takeover collapses

Newcastle United fans say they are "confused and heartbroken" following the collapse of the Saudi Arabian-backed takeover.
BBC News

Related videos from verified sources

Massive anti-China protest in Toronto demands 'Free Hong Kong' and 'Free Tibet' [Video]

Massive anti-China protest in Toronto demands 'Free Hong Kong' and 'Free Tibet'

Over hundred Torontonians of diverse background on July 19 staged a protest against the Communist Chinese regime outside Chinese consulate in Toronto. Protestors urged Chinese Communist Party to free..

Credit: ANI     Duration: 02:37Published
Filipino workers stranded in Saudi Arabia amid coronavirus crisis appeal for help [Video]

Filipino workers stranded in Saudi Arabia amid coronavirus crisis appeal for help

Filipino migrant workers stranded in Saudi Arabia after their jobs ended because of the coronavirus pandemic appealed for help this week. Footage shows the ailing workers in masks holding placards..

Credit: Newsflare     Duration: 05:29Published

Tweets about this