The World’s Best Venues Announced at the Prestigious Star Awards 2018
Tuesday, 20 March 2018 Tuesday 20 March, 201820th March 2018, London, UK
30 venues and suppliers from across the world were announced as winners in the Prestigious Star Awards on Friday evening at One Whitehall Place in London. Winning venues included The Natural History Museum (UK), Atlantis The Palm Dubai (UAE), Vila Monte (Portugal), Ritz Carlton Bali (Indonesia), Nobu Eden Roc (USA), The Langham, Melbourne (Australia) and more. The black tie grand ball celebrated the very best in hospitality and through a partnership with City Academy revived the old-world tradition of ballroom dancing to Shostakovich’s Waltz No. 2. The ‘World’s Best Events’ section of the evening was a showcase of 12 exceptional events, selected among over 200 outstanding submissions, hosted at notable international venues including: Qasr Al Sarab, Banqueting House, Sofitel Marrakech, Hever Castle and Kempinski Bangkok. For the first time, the three finalists were revealed on the night and the winner was selected through a live audience vote. Blenheim Palace enjoyed a decisive victory to win the 'World’s Best Event' trophy. The program celebrates the quality, performance and reputation of the world’s best venues qualified to host the most memorable events. It remains, the only global luxury venue awards program.
The 30 winners were announced at One Whitehall Place on Friday 16th March in London. From a shortlist of over 2,000 global venues reviewed, 200 were nominated in the awards and only 30 were crowned as winners. Nominated venues were voted for by event bookers in July when 3 finalists were shortlisted in each category. An in-depth review by Prestigious Venues global ambassadors, venue specialists and event planners in August, led to the 30 winners being selected. This year, as well as the global venue categories, new national categories were included such as, 'Best Venue in the UK,' 'Best Venue in the UAE' and 'Best Venue in Italy.' In addition, new categories for event suppliers were also introduced, including 'Best Event Entertainment' and 'Best Event Florist.’
The awards evening on the 16th March brought together 140 distinguished individuals from the Prestigious Venues network, including senior representatives from leading international venues, corporate partners, prestigious event suppliers, and VIP clients from a wide range of sectors. This black tie grand ball featured captivating burlesque performances, sleight of hand magic, extravagant guest prizes and the finest hospitality.
In a spectacular first, the evening revived the old-world tradition of ballroom dancing to Shostakovich’s Waltz No. 2. Set in motion by City Academy, this element of the awards evening was thoroughly enjoyed and will be a key element of future celebrations at the Prestigious Star Awards.
Now in their ninth year, the Prestigious Star Awards celebrate the quality, performance and reputation of the world’s best venues qualified to host the most memorable events. The awards program is run annually by Prestigious Venues. Venue performance in the awards is used to make recommendations and develop a series of international rankings, including ‘Top 100 Venues’ worldwide.
The headline event partner was one of the world’s most prominent private jet brands, Air Partner. Other esteemed partners included One Whitehall Place, Yellow Entertainment, EMS Events, Purling London, Rupa Photography, Temptribe, Wildabout Flowers, Michael King, City Academy, Mahiki and Aircharge.
20 Categories based on event themes.
1. Most Prestigious Gala Dinner Venue
Winner: The Wallace Collection (UK) & Highly Commended: Royal Mansour Marrakech (Morocco)
2. Most Prestigious Conference Venue Winner: Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai (China) & Highly Commended: Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney (Australia)
3. Most Prestigious Meeting Venue Winner: One Great George Street (UK) & Highly Commended: Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
4. Most Prestigious Christmas Venue Winner: The Royal Horseguards Hotel and One Whitehall Place (UK) & Highly Commended: Cafe de Paris (UK)
5. Most Prestigious Private Dining Venue Winner: L'Albereta (Italy) & Highly Commended: Auberge du Lac (UK)
6. Most Prestigious Reception Venue Winner: Cafe de Paris (UK) & Highly Commended: Petroff Palace (Russia)
7. Most Prestigious Engagement Party Venue Winner: The Forbury Hotel (UK) & Highly Commended: Conservatorium Hotel (The Netherlands)
8. Most Prestigious Wedding Venue Winner: Vila Monte (Portugal) & Highly Commended: L'Andana (Italy)
9. Most Prestigious Romantic Venue Winner: Farncombe Estate (UK) & Highly Commended: Banyan Tree Bali (Indonesia)
10. Most Prestigious Birthday Party VenueWinner: Kenwood House (UK) & Highly Commended: Casa Fuzetta (Portugal)
11. Most Prestigious Fashion Event Venue Winner: Ritz Carlton Bali (Indonesia) & Highly Commended: Ivy (UK)
12. Most Prestigious Networking Event Venue Winner: The Dorchester (UK) & Highly Commended: 170 Queen's Gate (UK)
13. Most Prestigious Product Launch Venue Winner: Nobu Eden Roc (USA) & Highly Commended: Armani Hotel Dubai (UAE)
14. Most Prestigious Film Location Venue Winner: The St. Regis Rome (Italy) & Highly Commended: The Royal Horseguards Hotel and One Whitehall Place (UK)
15. Most Prestigious Press Conference Venue Winner: Atlantis The Palm, Dubai (UAE) & Highly Commended: One Great George Street (UK)
17. Most Prestigious Training Venue Winner: The Langham, Melbourne (Australia) & Highly Commended: Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa (UK)
18. Most Prestigious Exhibition Venue Winner: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya (Mexico) & Highly Commended: Emirates Palace (UAE)
19. Most Prestigious Sporting Venue Winner: Hotel Maiensee (Austria) & Highly Commended: Burhill Golf Club (UK)
20. The World's Most Prestigious Venue Winner: Royal Mansour Marrakech (Morocco) & Highly Commended: Tower Bridge (UK)
10 National and Event Supplier categories.
21. The Best Venue in The Netherlands Winner: Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam & Highly Commended: Landgoed Duin & Kruidberg22. The Best Venue in the UK Winner: Natural History Museum & Highly Commended: Blenheim Palace
23. The Best Venue in Italy Winner: L'Andana & Highly Commended: Belmond Hotel Splendido
24. The Best Venue in Austria Winner: Hotel Salzburgerhof & Highly Commended: Palais Coburg Residenz
25. The Best Venue in the UAE Winner: The Palace Downtown Dubai & Highly Commended: Qasr Al Sarab
26. The Best Venue in Russia Winner: Petroff Palace & Highly Commended: Turandot
27. The Best Event Supplier Winner: Air Partner & Highly Commended: Rupa Photography
28. The Best Event Florist Winner: Wildabout Flowers & Highly Commended: Pinstripes & Peonies29. The Best Event Entertainment Winner: Yellow Entertainment & Highly Commended: Urban Soul Orchestra
THE WORLD'S BEST EVENTS
Over 200 events entered by the world's most prestigious venues
30. World’s Best Event Winner: Blenheim Palace & Highly Commended: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
* For more information regarding media usage, ownership and rights please contact Prestigious Venues.