United Kingdom  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

Congo ministry says Ebola outbreak worst in nation's history

SeattlePI.com Saturday, 10 November 2018
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo's latest Ebola outbreak is the worst in the country's recorded history with 319 confirmed and probable cases, the health ministry said. The deadly virus has killed about 198 people since the outbreak was declared Aug. 1 in the volatile east, the ministry said. Those dead include 163 confirmed Ebola cases, with 35 probable deaths. Nearly 100 people have survived Ebola. This is Congo's 10th outbreak since 1976, when the hemorrhagic fever was first identified in Yambuku, in the Equateur province, the ministry said. Health Minister Dr. Oly Ilunga Kalenga said late Friday that the figures now exceed that outbreak.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Credit: Zoom.in STUDIO - Published < > Embed
News video: Will the Ebola outbreak in DRC be contained?

Will the Ebola outbreak in DRC be contained? 01:28

The Ebola outbreak in the northeastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo hasn't been labeled a global threat, but the World Health Organization is calling for an "intensified response". Let's take a look at Ebola from a global perspective.

You Might Like


Recent related videos from verified sources

Ebola survivors turn caregivers in Congo outbreak [Video]Ebola survivors turn caregivers in Congo outbreak

Wearing only scrubs and a hair net, Jeanine Masika cradles a two-year-old Ebola patient in her arms. Masika has antibodies in her system after she won her own battle against Ebola last year, and she..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 02:17Published

Michigan measles outbreak linked to ongoing outbreak in New York [Video]Michigan measles outbreak linked to ongoing outbreak in New York

The growing outbreak of measles in Michigan, specifically in Oakland County, can be linked back to the outbreak of measles in New York, according to a report from CNN. Currently, there are 39 cases of..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 02:33Published

WHO: Congo Ebola Outbreak Not an International Emergency [Video]WHO: Congo Ebola Outbreak Not an International Emergency

There have been 1,206 confirmed and probable cases of the disease since the epidemic started last August, including 40 new cases in the last few days.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 01:08Published

Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Congo Surpasses 1,000 Cases [Video]Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Congo Surpasses 1,000 Cases

According to the country's health ministry, since the epidemic started, there have been 1,009 cases of the disease.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 01:03Published

Ebola Outbreak In Congo, 1,000 Cases Reported [Video]Ebola Outbreak In Congo, 1,000 Cases Reported

CNN reports The deadly Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, has surpassed 1,000 cases, according to the country&apos;s health ministry. The number of confirmed cases stands at 1,009,..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 00:43Published

Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Ground Beef Ends [Video]Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Ground Beef Ends

A major salmonella outbreak has ended, but consumers should still make sure they don't have the contaminated beef in their freezer.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 00:36Published

WHO Says Ebola Outbreak In Congo Could Be Over By September [Video]WHO Says Ebola Outbreak In Congo Could Be Over By September

The organization's director-general said the number of new cases being reported each week is down since January.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 01:09Published

Ebola Treatment Center in DRC Attacked for a Second Time [Video]Ebola Treatment Center in DRC Attacked for a Second Time

An Ebola treatment center in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s North Kivu province came under attack on March 9 ahead of a visit from the World Health Organization’s director general. It was the..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 03:08Published


Recent related news from verified sources

Ebola spread concentrated in Congo, not a wider emergency: WHO

An outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) that has killed more than 700 people and is continuing to spread does not constitute an...
Reuters Also reported by •BBC News
Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.