Saudi Aramco prices shares at top of range in world's biggest IPO
Thursday, 5 December 2019 DUBAI/RIYADH Reuters) - State-owned oil giant Saudi Aramco's initial public offering (IPO) will be the biggest in history, but will still fall significantly short of the towering $2 trillion valuation long sought by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Aramco priced its IPO at 32 riyals ($8.53) per share, the top of its indicative range, the company said in a statement, raising $25.6 billion and beating Alibaba's record $25 billion listing in 2014. At that level, Aramco has a m
State-owned oil giant Saudi Aramco's IPO will be the biggest in history but concerns about corporate governance and nation's role in Middle East politics may have limited international interest. Conway G. Gittens has the details.
On Thursday, Apple released a blockbuster earnings report. On Friday, Apple shares surged as much as 7%. Apple's market capitalization briefly overtook Saudi Aramco's on Friday, dethroning the oil giant as the most valuable company in the world. Apple's market value at $1.762 trillion. Apple's recent tear has sent shares up roughly 39% year-to-date. The company also on Thursday announced a 4-1 stock split, which it said would help it appeal to a broader range of investors.
Saudi Arabia's 84-year-old ruler, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, has been admitted to hospital in the capital Riyadh, suffering from inflammation of the gall bladder, state news agency SPA said on Monday. Ryan Brooks reports.
A Turkish court is trying in absentia two former aides of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and 18 other Saudi nationals over the 2018 killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.View on euronews
Credit: euronews (in English) Duration: 01:02Published
Cricketer Hardik Pandya and his partner, former Bigg Boss contestant and actor-dancer Natasa Stankovic, welcomed their first child on July 30. The Indian cricketer has been blessed with a baby boy. Pandya announced the news on Instagram. "We are blessed with our baby boy," he wrote. Hardik posted a picture of himself holding his son’s hand. The baby’s face, however, was not visible in the photo. Wishes and congratulatory messages poured in from everyone. Cricket fraternity also congratulated the couple on various social media platforms. Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane among others wished Pandya and Natasa on becoming parents. On May 31, the couple revealed they were expecting their first child. "Hardik and I have shared a memorable journey together so far and now, it’s only going to get better. Together, we are excited to welcome a new life into our lives very soon. We’re super excited for this new step of our life together and humbly ask your blessings and well wishes," Natasa had written on Instagram. The same pictures were also re-posted by Pandya on his instagram handle. Pandya got engaged to the Serbian actor on January 1 in Dubai.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 01:30Published
Cricket fraternity on July 30 congratulated all-rounder Hardik Pandya as he and his fiance Natasha Stankovic have been blessed with a baby boy. Pandya announced the news on Instagram and shared a photo holding baby's hand and wrote, "We are blessed with our baby boy." Former India batsman Sachin Tendulkar wished the couple and wrote on Twitter, "Many congratulations to the proud new parents! May the little one tiptoe with love into your hearts and stay there forever!" India's opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan and middle-order batsman Ajinkya Rahane also extended their wishes to the couple. "Congratulations my brother @hardikpandya7 on the birth of your son! Lots of love to Natasa, the beautiful boy and you. Hope everyone is healthy," Dhawan tweeted. "Congratulations to you both!!" Rahane tweeted. On May 31, the couple revealed that they are expecting their first child after getting engaged to Serbian actor, Stankovic, on January 1. The couple got engaged in Dubai and were seen taking a ferry ride along with close friends.
A local court in Gurugram summoned founder of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma over a former employee's complaint seeking a compensation of Rs 2 crore from the Chinese company. Lawyer Atul Ahlawat said, "My client Pushpandra Singh Parmar has filed a civil suit against Jack Ma, the Founder of Alibaba Group, for wrongful termination. He was working as an Associate Director with Alibaba's UC Web Mobile Company. He is seeking a compensation of Rs. 2 crore. The allegations which are contained in the civil suit are very serious and the allegations are of such nature if found true, gives greater importance and shows the modus operandi of the Chinese companies in India and while they're trying to push narrative of their country. They are harming public notion. There are more than 13 crore Indian users of UC browser as per claimed by the company and the fake news or misinformed public opinion is being circulated." He further said, "Gurugram District Court has issued summons to the defendants, including Jack Ma, the Founder of Alibaba Group. Summons are returnable for 29th July. Till date, we have not received any response from the defendants."